Friday, September 24, 2010

Facebook

Facebook is appropriate for all subcultures. The photos in my album, including tagged ones of me, cannot be taken offensively by anyone.  I only have one photo album on Facebook which is my profile pictures album. There are only six photos in this album, three consisting of just me smiling either in my room or taken somewhere else inside my house.   The other three photos are one me and my sister and the back seat of my mom’s car, one of me and my friend at my birthday dinner, and one of me and my boyfriend sitting on my living room couch smiling. There are no provocative ones where I am wearing indecent clothing as you would find on many other young girls’ pages.  I am fully clothed as well as others in all my photos.  In the photo of my sister and me, we are wearing our seatbelts which shows that we are responsible and safe. The photos that I am tagged in are just of me, my friends, and family. Most are just smiling pictures and the rest are pictures at events or places. The comments on my photos are usually compliments such as “This is super cute”; no one has ever had anything negative to say. All my photos are wholesome so no one will be able to object to them. They are representations of a happy and normal life.
The status updates and the information I put on my profile are of good quality. Anyone can observe them and find no problems with them whether it is my parents, co-workers, teachers, or friends.   For instance, my last post said “I’m going home this weekend and I can’t wait to see my family.”  My posts are innocent and simply expressions of my feelings. My profile lets people know who my siblings are, where I’m from, and other background information Facebook has you fill out. There are no curse words or things that I wouldn’t want any subculture to see on my profile. My Facebook illuminates who I am and all subculture groups that know me would be able to identify this. I really do not mind who sees my Facebook because I have nothing bad to say or to put on my wall.  I make sure that it is clear I am a Christian on my profile by filling in that I am on the religious views section and posting statuses about my faith such as “God is good.”  My Facebook persona doesn’t allow people to see an unpleasant side of me because my profile is clean and portrays me as a good person.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment